About the organisation
Our mission is to work through dance to create happiness, health, connection and change. It is underpinned by an approach to dance making of the now that is inclusive, person-centred and curious to embrace a wide variety of cultural, stylistic influences and forms. As an organisation, we adhere to the following values:
- We are creative
- We are curious
- We are inclusive
- We are joyful
- We care
We apply co-design and co-creation principles to all our activity, from project planning to the creative process where possible and appropriate.We are also committed to work in partnership with health, sport, community, local authority and arts partners to increase the impact and relevance of our work.
Our aims are to:
- Support independent artists;
- Engage people who face barriers to dance;
- Support a regional infrastructure for dance and to
- Bring people of different walks of life together through watching, particpation and dialogue.
About the role
The trustee will lead the Finance & HR sub-committee and ensure the organisation's financial position is robust and the various control sets are being maintained. Attend the quarterly board meeting and the sub-committee meetings, we expect the trustee to:
- Constructively contribute to the overall strategic direction, policy, objectives and targets of Yorkshire Dance.
- Take an active role in the preparation and approval of the business plan.
- Observe Yorkshire Dnace's articles of association, charity and company law and other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Yorkshire Dance Board's various committees.
- Act as the employer of Yorkshire Dance's employees.
- Comply with Yorkshire Dance's equality policies.
- Ensure that the operations are evaluated effectively.
- Safeguard organiastion's financial stability, including approval of the annual accounts and annual budget, advising on major resource issues.
Our ideal candidate
Having a deep knowledge of charity accounts, experience in audit and a background in financial accounts is desirable. The ideal candiate will:
- Take an interest in the arts and in dance.
- Have an extensive experience from the public sector, the world of business and/or the arts.
- Have a willingness to play an active role in fundraising.
- Have an understanding of good governance in business, the public or not-for-profit sector and the duties and responsibilities of Trustees.
What’s in it for you
This is a great chance for candidates to build their network and use their skillset to help the community and create positive change. Working with the leadership team, candidates will be able to explore their creative thinking, strategic planning and encounter contemporary arts that is engaging, exploratory and fun.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.