About the organisation
Springboard Youth Academy supports refugee and asylum-seeking young people who have recently arrived in the UK to help them succeed in the classroom and beyond. By combining participatory learning, life skills and holistic support into action-packed weekend, half-term and summer programming, we work to bridge the gap in support for young people left behind by the mainstream school system.
About the role
Springboard has recently received its first major grants. We’re seeking a treasurer to:
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and report to the Board and Director regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals
- Act as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion
- Liaise with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation's finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves
Our ideal candidate
- We’re looking for an accountant or finance professional who shares our love of high quality and inclusive education, as well as our commitment to working with, for and alongside refugee communities
- We are keen to meet people who can bring skills, knowledge and both professional and lived experience that will help us scale up
- We’re looking for people who can think strategically and creatively, work collaboratively and want to make a significant contribution to Springboard Youth Academy’s future, as well as the wider education sector
- We are committed to nurturing a board that is representative, diverse and inclusive
- We are interested to hear from individuals with experience in governance, as well as those new to Trustee positions
- We are particularly encouraging applications from those with personal experience of forced migration and Leaving Care
What’s in it for you
A chance to play a vital role in a growing charity making a significant difference to the lives of young people who have had their lives upended
As a volunteer we also hope you will enjoy meeting new people, learning about our organisation and the sector we operate in and enjoy the feel-good factor of making a difference.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.