About the organisation
Our Sansar is a charity registered in the UK with the mission of providing education, shelter and welfare to the most disadvantaged children in Nepal for whom little or no help is forthcoming.
With over 14 years of experience in the area, Our Sansar focuses on Province 2 in Southern Nepal. It is the most populous province, with the highest levels of violence against girls and women, and only 8 in every 100 women aged 15 – 49 who completed secondary education. Most of the children that we assist are from the Dalit/Untouchable castes that have lived generation after generation being shunned from society. Unable to even drink from the same wells as others, they are rejected and ostracised. Each generation was refused education and had to work from a young age.
In June 2023 we were the winners of the Charity Awards 2023 as the best UK charity working in International Aid and Development. We are also the finalists to the US based .ORG Impact Awards 2023 in the Quality Education for All category.
· Street Children Programme (Children’s Home for street children, Child Helpline and Day care Centre for street children, community outreach); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvKC-rDSbo
· EmpowerHER: Rights, Protection and Hope Programme (Safe House for girls who have been victims of gender based violence, community outreach) https://youtu.be/cCoKAag-ueE
· End to Child Labour Project (education for children who worked at brick factories and support for their families; VICE World News documentary on the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak4GR9qGi-Y&t=6s)
- End to Child Marriage Project (education for under-age girls who either already married or at risk of getting married and out of school)
About the role
As our projects grow, we have funding from multiple donors in different currencies (mainly GBP, EUR, CHF, USD) with different timings and reporting requirements, We would love some help with organising the way we record the income and expenditure to be able to run clearer reports/more smoothly and efficiently.
We estimate the time needed will be around 15 hours but we would need to discuss that with the volunteer. We are a small charity (circa £250k income).
Our ideal candidate
- Qualified accountant
- Experience working with a charity with mulptiple income streams
- Experience working with international charities
What’s in it for you
The role is completely remote and very flexible hours - around your other commitments. Your assistance will make a huge difference to a small but very vibrant charity and all the children in Nepal that we are supporting. There is no other charity in that part of Nepal doing the same type of work as we do - despite a huge need. You will contribute to changing lives of those children that have noone else to turn to.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.