About the organisation
Loughborough Junction Action Group (LJAG) is a social action group established and run by local people. Our projects bring people together, reduce isolation and increase understanding and trust. They include a community café offering a range of vegetarian and vegan meals inhouse, hire space, catering and employability opportunities; Loughborough Farm, a community food growing project with an informal social prescribing support programme; an adventure playground and arts and craft. Our goal is to make Loughborough Junction a great place to live and work.
About the role
We are looking for a Treasurer with a passion for helping a local community charity.
The Treasurer will provide oversight to the Trust’s financial management to include:
- contributing to plans to build funded and earned income to assure our viability and sustainability.
- helping fellow board members become more aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- reporting the financial position at Board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, etc)
- helping the project teams to produce an annual budget and propose its adoption.
- work with the Bookkeeper to ensure financial procedures and controls are in place.
- help us to appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals, and feasibility studies.
- work with the team to prepare the annual financial report, liaise with auditors/an independent examiner and ensure sign off from the Board.
- act as a signatory on payments and help to drive our work forward.
Formal, evening board meetings take place once every quarter, and the finance, governance and risk management committee will meet 3 - 4 four times a year from September 2023. We can be flexible to meet statutory deadlines.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal treasurer will
- have financial experience or qualification.
- be familiar with charity accounting and book-keeping.
- assist with preparation of our annual reports including reports to funders, donors, and commissioners.
- have experience of using Xero and comfortable using on-line banking, assisting with payments.
- communicate and explain financial information in an inclusive and accessible manner.
- offer sound, independent advice/judgement.
- provide financial strategic direction.
- be committed to racial justice and equality.
Please send your CV and a short paragraph or two to tell us why you are interested in the role. We plan to hold a short meeting with interested applicants. We are looking to appoint as soon as possible.
What’s in it for you
We are a friendly, committed and passionate group of people, working to make our community a great place to live and work. You will join our family of volunteers, staff, local residents, supporters and friends, working to enact positive social change through our projects. You will also play a fundamental role in overseeing and ensuring good financial health and stability for LJAG.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.