About the organisation
Ella’s is a London-based organisation working with women who have survived trafficking and sexual exploitation. Our mission is to do everything we can to ensure survivors have all they need to recover and build lives that are safe and free.
Here is a summary of our main activities:
- We run three safe houses. This supported accommodation is crucial for survivors of trafficking and exploitation, until they are ready and able to live independently.
- We provide regular support for women and families in neighbourhoods across London, and many more further afield when they need us.
- We speak out on issues affecting the women we work with. We care deeply about survivors of trafficking and exploitation and want to see a world where these crimes are not tolerated.
Ella’s is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities, as we believe having a diverse team adds value and positively impacts our service. We actively encourage applicants from black and minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ applicants and those with disabilities. We are committed to equality and diversity within our organisation.
About the role
We are looking for someone to oversee Ella's finance for six months whilst our finance manager is on maternity leave. We would like someone who can offer approximately one day a week to review Ella's financial position and provide key information to the rest of the team. Key tasks would be
Understand Ella’s overall budget (in Xero) and monitor our financial position each month, highlighting any concerns to the management team.
Support with process of acquiring new homes, managing mortgage and rent payments and ensuring there is
Provide bespoke budgets and information for applications to grants and trusts.
Manage grant tracking and provide information for reports to funders.
Provide quarterly reports for trustees and management.
Provide quarterly management accounts for stakeholders.
Provide bespoke information to support management decision making as requested.
Our ideal candidate
- Experience managing a £500K+ budget
- Experience making strategic level decisions
- Ability to present financial information in easy to use formats
- Accounting qualifications (CIMA, ACCA or AAT accredited)
- Experience using Xero
- Knowledge of housing and homelessness sector
- Knowledge of charity sector finance including reporting requirements and management of restricted funds
What’s in it for you
Ella's is a growing, dynamic organisation. Our team are always looking for ways to grow and we take bold steps to acheive our goals. By joining the team you will give the team the information they need to make well informed financial decisions in order to progress our work. You will ensure that Ella's remains financially stable and support the team to keep doing their great work. As part of a small team in a young organisatin you will have the opportunity to build relationships and share your ideas, skills and knowledge to strengthen the organisation for the long term.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.