About the organisation
Billingham foodbank is a project originally founded by new life Church Teesside. In April 2018 we became an independent charity reaching out to the whole of the Stockton Borough, thus our name changed to “Billingham and Stockton Borough” foodbank.
We work together in partnership with Hebron church in Newtown, Stockton; and St Michaels and all Angels Church in Norton. Thus there are three centres which are open five days a week between them.
The food bank offers more than food. Also available is:
1). Advice and support through a dedicated adviser from SDAIS
2). Toiletries, nappies, pet food etc
3) Clothing and school uniform recycling
4). Household items (bedding, crockery, towels etc.)
All contributing to help those in crisis to move on to an improved situation.
We have lots of friendly and helpful volunteers who work together to make a difference in our community.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint 3-4 new trustees, with relevant expertise, enthusiasm and time to help guide our strategic shift to strengthen the capacity of the Foodbank to respond to and work towards the elimination of food poverty in the Stockton on Tees Borough
WHO WE ARE
We are part of the national Trussell Trust network, and, like many other Trussell Trust foodbanks, we run as an independent CIO with our own strategy, funds and local leadership. We currently have three foodbank centres in the Stockton Borough, our main base is in Billingham Town Centre with two further outlets in Norton and Stockton.
We are seeking to recruit 3 – 4 new trustees with relevant expertise, enthusiasm, and time to help guide the strategic shift in our work
Expertise in any of the following areas would be useful:
· Health and safety
· Social media / marketing
· Business development
Time Commitment: we hold 4 – 6 meetings per year usually in person
Salary: Unpaid role
Term of appointment– Initially 3 years
Our ideal candidate
Experience and skills in one or more of the following is especially welcome:
· fundraising, communications, and public relations
· change management, especially regarding managing growth related provision
· technical, legal and contract experience, especially around facilities
· technology applications in the charity sector.
What’s in it for you
What’s in it for you?
· feeling you are making a difference whilst volunteering with us
· meeting new people and being part of a motivated team who share a passion to eradicate poverty in our community
· building a movement of change with our volunteers, staff, and the people who use our food bank
· bringing our staff, volunteers, and trustees together to achieve our vision and strategy
· gaining a greater insight and understanding of local agencies and partnerships.
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.