About the organisation
Everyone deserves a safe, clean, dignified place to call home. Yet more than 1.8 billion are living in substandard housing. Housing is more than a roof and four walls; it is a human right. AzuKo works to end housing povery in Bangladesh and the UK.
About the role
AzuKo is looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. The role involves monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the Board at regular intervals on its state of financial health. The Treasurer will assist the team in setting AzuKo’s strategy, support AzuKo’s staff and ensure all financial affairs are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure there is financial stability with effective and efficient administration
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc) at Trustee meetings
- Prepare and process payroll for employees
- Oversee production of financial reports / returns, accounts and audits
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place
- Participate in other tasks as arise from time to time, such as interviewing new Trustees, helping with fundraising events
- Act as an ambassador for our cause and for AzuKo
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We expect all team members to share our values. All AzuKo trustees are active in advocating, fundraising and networking.
- Role: Treasurer. In addition to the specific responsibilities stated below, you will assume all the usual duties of a Trustee.
- Volunteer: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not paid, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
- Time: 3 year term, with annual review. Estimated 1-2 days per month, including attending 6 Board meetings per year. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
- Location: Remote
HOW TO APPLY
Application is by CV and supporting statement outlining the reasons for your interest in this Treasurer role. Submit your application via our website: azuko.org/trustee-roles
Application deadline: Rolling
AzuKo is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen).
Our ideal candidate
- Proven ability to communicate financial information
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Competent IT and spreadsheet skills
- Experience of payroll and accounting systems
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness
- Knowledge the charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
What’s in it for you
THE IMPACT OF THIS ROLE
Our work supports the homeless, landless and those living in housing poverty. Contributing to AzuKo means building a fairer world for all.
WHY BE A TRUSTEE
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our Board. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team from diverse backgrounds
Apply for the role
Please enter all required information!
Thank you, your application has been submitted
Please provide a cover note if it is requested in the role description. Applications which are personalised, setting out your motivations for volunteering for the organisation and relevant skills/experience, are far more likely to be successful.